All activities will be highly experiential focusing on personal stress reduction, resilience, interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, mindfulness, emotional regulation, and simple ways to integrate these principles into life in and out of school.
The fully integrated program includes but is not limited to all of the components listed below and can be customized to meet the needs of each individual organization or school:
- Teacher Inservice Trainings: Our highly trained professionals will empower the teachers with evidence-based strategies for personal stress reduction, resilience, interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, mindfulness, emotional regulation, and simple ways to integrate SEL into the classroom routine.
- Mindfulness in Minutes (MiM): The foundation of the Wise Mind Project. Grounded in the science of how the mind works, MiM demonstrates simple 3-10 minute tools that can be implemented at any time designed to bring us from a reactive state to one of calm and focus, where we have the ability to choose our actions wisely. Designed to reset, redirect, and center the students, teachers, and overall classroom environment.
- Student Classroom Presentations: Our highly engaging team of speakers will connect with students and share evidence-based strategies for SEL at a developmentally appropriate level on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Student Mindfulness Influencer Training Program: Train the Trainer model-a deep dive into the Mindfulness in Minutes Tools for student volunteers to lead in their classroom.
- Online Training Modules and Support: Lifetime access to The Wise Mind Project’s series of videos and online content.
- Calm, Connected Cafeteria (C³): Our team will train cafeteria leaders in easy-to-implement ways to foster social connection and emotional regulation through teambuilding games, music, movement, mindfulness, conversation prompts, and competitions.
- Morning Announcement: Meditation and mindfulness will be incorporated into the morning announcements. Students and teachers will also be trained to present a soundbite of wisdom, once a day/week, related to the current training topic, i.e. self-control, resiliency, and mindfulness